About the NSB
Vacancy: National Service Board Administrator
The National Service Board (NSB) of Overeaters Anonymous Great Britain are seeking to appoint a part-time Administrator, initially on a fixed term contract from the end of May until mid-November 2017. This is a part-time role, working from home for 6 hours a week and may also involve travelling to attend meetings.
Please submit applications by 5pm on Friday 28th April 2017.
If you have any questions not covered by the Application Pack, please send to Caroline, NSB Communications Officer at email@example.com
The National Service Board of Great Britain is made up of OA members with at least two years service beyond group level and at least one year’s current abstinence from compulsive eating. Legally we are a registered charity and a limited company, as well as being part of the worldwide OA service structure, and are known as OAGB NSB. There is provision for up to 14 members on the Board; we meet together 5 times a year, and communicate frequently between these meetings. Board members serve for a maximum of 4 years, having been elected onto the Board (once proposed by Intergroup), at our National Assembly in October each year. This Assembly is the national group conscience of OA as a whole and each group and Intergroup can send a delegate to debate and vote on British OA issues.
Intergroups consist of local groups which work together in order to more effectively carry the OA message, and to support each other. There are 10 Intergroups within Great Britain. As well as hosting this website to enable potential new members to find out about OA, OAGB NSB seeks to provide a service in Britain to individual OA members, groups and Intergroups by:-
- Acting as a channel of communication for OA in Great Britain so that no individual, group or Intergroup need feel isolated.
- Providing a means by which individual members, groups and Intergroups can contribute to the policy and activity of OA in Great Britain. Acting as liaison between OA in Great Britain, Region 9 and World Service, and sending delegates to Business Conferences at each level.
- Keeping members in Great Britain informed of current developments at all levels.
- Providing a literature service to facilitate the purchase of OA approved books and leaflets.
- Offering the hand of OA to individual sufferers by means of public information to media, health care professionals and to other related professional bodies.
- Responding to enquiries from members of the public and those suffering from compulsive eating, and, where appropriate, forwarding these on for local support.
- Arranging finance for board members and other delegates where necessary/appropriate. For example, we provide partial funding for group and Intergroup delegates to attend our annual National Assembly.
Current Board members are as follows:
Chair: Sandra (Caledonian Intergroup). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Hilary (Heart of England Intergroup). Email email@example.com
Treasurer: Lisa (North of England Intergroup). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Literature Liaison: Alan (Kent and Essex Intergroup). Email email@example.com
Communications: Caroline (South and East England Intergroup). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Information (Temporary): Lisa (North of England Intergroup). Email email@example.com